This last week I have been trying to learn about creating and sending email newsletters for my shop because: I should have started doing them ages ago, I have actually had loads of customers ask me for one and I am working on a few exciting new product launches that I want to tell lots of folks about.
I have chosen to go with Vertical Response to handle my email newsletter campaigns because the founder Janine seems like a nice and helpful lady, the pricing is competitive and the site (so far) is approachable, informative and not too hard to get to grips with (I am after all a newsletter dummy).
So now I am putting the finishing touches to my first newsletter (created with the help of their simple to use wizard) and I have a cool (and rather bright) join-up widget at the top my U-Handbag blog. Hopefully folks will sign-up
Here are some suggestions for writing newsletters that folks will be happy to get in their Inbox:
- Include members only discounts or freebies.
- Include sneak peaks at product launches (with maybe special discounts for early bird buyers).
- How about some simple tutorials?
- Spotlights on your customers. Do you have pics of customers wearing/using your crafty goodness?
- Members only competitions.
- Members only discounts for other shops (that you have links with).
- Provide upcoming dates of shows, sales, competitions, etc.
Do any of you use newsletters to keep in touch with your customers? How are they working out for you?