Last year when we were nominated for Michael Stelzner’s “Top 10 Blogs for Writers,” on his Writing White Papers blog we were more than a little surprised. I don’t think “flabbergasted” is too strong of an adjective, actually. Freelance Parent was still brand-new, and we thought perhaps it was a fluke.
That fluke has bolstered us for an entire year. We were so proud of the award that it even got mentioned in our anniversary video. It became a staunch goal of ours to make the 2008-2009 edition of that list.
We are absolutely thrilled and beaming with pride over the fact that we again placed in the top ten. Here is the entire list, for your consideration.
- Copyblogger: As the undefeated champ, this blog has held the number-one spot for three straight years! The baby of Brian Clark, this blog keeps winning because of its excellent and educational articles.
- Men With Pens: James Chartrand and Harry McLeod are the dynamic duo who continue to deliver rich content and community discussion.
- Freelance Writing Jobs: Founded by Deb Ng, this site is the first stop for freelance writers seeking new work and great articles (and it remains a top winner since this contest began).
- Write to Done: This blog delivers a steady stream of excellent articles for all writers and is the product of top blogger Leo Babauta.
- Confident Writing: Looking for encouragement? Joanna Young will help you take your writing to the next level.
- The Renegade Writer: Linda Formichelli and Diana Burell, authors of a book by the same name, help freelance journalists find inspiration.
- Remarkable Communication: One part writing, one part marketing and one part selling, this excellent blog by Sonia Simone will help any writer succeed.
- Writing Journey: Looking for a great stop on your writing journey? Bob Younce’s blog will refresh and energize you.
- Freelance Parent: Two moms, Lorna Doone Brewer and Tamara Berry, provide excellent perspective on writing while balancing time with little ones.
- Urban Muse: Susan Johnston covers a wide range of excellent topics that all writers will enjoy.
Congratulations to all of the others, as well as to the other 27 finalists. We are so grateful to our readers, not just for nominating us, but for inspiring us to continually strive to make Freelance Parent the kind of blog that can make this list.