It’s no secret that Americans love their pets! In fact according to the American Pet Products Association, Americans will spend an estimated $55.53 billion dollars on their pets in 2013 alone. So if you’ve been looking to launch your own home-based business and you love pets, here are 6 different pet careers to try on for size.
Franchises for Pet Lovers:
Do you want to have your own pet business, but you’re not sure where to start? A pet-based franchise may be the perfect work at home business opportunity for you. A franchise is a turnkey operation where you pay a designated amount upfront and then you’re given all of the tools to launch your very own home-based business.
Here are three different pet-based franchises to check out.
- Fetch Pet Care is a home-based franchise that offers a variety of services to pets and their owners including: daily small pet visits, private dog walks, in-home overnight sitting, day and evening care, private boarding, pet taxi services, home care, yard cleanup, and medication for pets. Franchise cost $20,295 – $36,500.
- Doody Calls is a home-based franchise that offers pet waste removal services for residential, commercial, and kitty litter boxes, as well as deodorizing and brown spot treatments. Franchise cost $42,230 – $59,030.
- Zoom Room is a home-based franchise that offers dog training, agility, obedience, enrichment and puppy classes. As well as socialization events for dogs, such as indoor dog parks and parties. Franchise cost $35,000.
Do you love interacting with animals? Launching your own home-based business as a pet sitter maybe your calling. Pet sitters generally take care of individual’s pets while they are at work or on vacation. Ensuring that pets are well taken care of, pet sitters will deal with feedings, cleanings, elimination needs, as well as nurturing and loving pets. Some added services that you could include with your pet sitting business are dog walking, grooming, or even pet massage.
Direct Sales Consultant:
Would you love to have your own pet boutique, but don’t have the funds to invest in a brick and mortar storefront? No problem. The direct sales industry has made it easier than ever to have your very own home-based business within the pet industry.
Companies like Life’s Abundant and Flint River Ranch offer a home-based opportunity selling pet products like, health and beauty aids, treats, toys, accessories‚ apparel items‚ beds‚ and gifts. As a direct sales consultant you will be paid a commission on each product that you sell. Most direct sales companies will also pay you a small bonus commission from consultants who you refer into the program.
Create Pet Wares:
Do you have a creative flair? Then perhaps designing, creating, and selling custom pet gear online is your calling. From pet carriers, animal beds, embellished tags and collars to clothing, toys, and feeding bowls – pet owners love to spoil their pets with unique products. To get started, use an e-commerce store platform like Volusion, Etsy, or Shopify. Once you create your account, you upload your photos and descriptions for your products, hit publish and you’re ready to go.
Gourmet Pet Treats:
Are you a whiz in the kitchen? Then consider starting your own gourmet pet treat business. Pet owners love to give their pets the very best from dog biscuits and speciality decorated treats, to gourmet cakes, natural chews, and kitty kibble. You could even specialize your treats for dogs and cats with special dietary needs. Set up your own website or use an e-commerce platform and you’re ready to start selling your custom treats.
- 17 Ways To Make Extra Money On The Side
- The Basics of Starting An Affiliate Online Business
- The Easiest Online Business Opportunity There Is