Sports play a huge role in my life and that of my family as well.
There are the times we spend an afternoon at the ballpark and days where the hours just melt away while we play catch in the yard. Of course, being so involved with sports makes it difficult when your kids tell you that you have been demoted to second string too.
Last night, after the Chicago Bears ruined a perfectly good Sunday with a terrible performance, I realized that maybe sports (at least watching sports) has taken on too much significance and I might just be…a football fanatic.
Top 10 Signs You’re A Football Fanatic
- You wear the exact same clothes on game day, unless your team lost the last game.
- You believe that last loss was a result of you sitting in the wrong seat on the couch.
- You change clothes, seats, or televisions while watching a game in hopes of giving your team some mojo.
- You would rather watch the big game alone than with your friends and family.
- You have ever broken a remote control after throwing it against the wall in frustration of your team playing like crap.
- You know what the term “Mr. Irrelevant” means – and can name at least one guy that qualifies.
- You pass up tickets to the game so you can stay home and tune your fantasy football lineup, not to mention watch the other games.
- You are a grown man and have sheets or blankets from your favorite team on your bed.
- You schedule family events around game time, including the birth of your children.
- You have received a call from your neighbor – four houses down – to make sure everything is alright after they heard screaming.