I’m not a WAHM (yet) but since I plan to be, in pure preparation mode (because that’s how I roll), I went on a quest to do some research and learn about the life of a work-at-home-mom. It’s not a comprehensive list to say the least but in light of reading an article about the 50 Most Powerful Moms of 2014, I wanted to acknowledge the WAHM on her special day for all of your smarts, savviness and sexiness!
Here’s what I learned about some of the best and most challenging aspects of being and banging WAHM:
- Sometimes you work days, evenings and even pull some swing shifts.
- Find a way to juggle laundry, dusting, motherhood, and hubby while meeting deadlines and managing the day-to-day activities of running a business.
- Deal with the ambivalence of family members because they don’t get that you run a real business.
- You also had to learn to acknowledge that you run a real business.
- Tend to multitask 99.7% of the time.
- Are always on a quest to find balance in the midst of running your home-based business – something that is different from other working moms who can leave their work at work.
- You are a disciplined self-starter.
- Love that you can stay in your pajamas all day if you want to while bringing home the bacon.
- Love that you can go out for a cup of coffee, break out the stroller and the laptop and still bring home the bacon.
- Sometimes struggle with managing the mom frump.
- Used to run the gamut of the arts and crafts industry and now are web and marketing guru’s coaching others to do the same.
- Have a whole lot of power because you speak to the core of motherhood and represent other moms.
- Can continue your professional life and still witness your baby’s first giggle.
- Drag yourself out of bed to attend to work activities before the kid’s wake up. Then, spend the day in the mommy role to continue your work day once everyone else is tucked in.
- Tend to try to sacrifice sleep but remain in check because you are fully aware of the negative consequences of sleep deprivation. So heck, you pass at times.
- Love your crockpot.
WAHM, you are oh so fabulous!